Home Search Rules & FAQ Gallery Activity Support

+ Reply to Thread

Being a Newbie sucks!

After months of no replies I finally figured out I'm a "Newbie" lol. I'm looking to change my status so I can have some fun.......please help?

Re: Being a Newbie sucks...!!

-----

There's several "Newbie" threads out there related to your inquiry.

===> TNABoard FAQ's

Here's a "Newbie" thread to get you started that includes
    other useful info links that was posted some time ago on:

05-09-2013 -by- asmith1031 ===> Newbie, Newbie Friendly and How To Get Started on TNA...

/\/\/\/\ Not all of the links work in the above thread, but still good info. -- I'm quoting the first
    post in the above thread below. -- Read further on in the thread link above for more info links.

Quote Originally Posted by asmith1031 View Post

I know I'm not alone when I say lately there's been a ton of posts from new hobbyists looking
    for quick answers on ways to get started on TNA. -- Gentleman, there's really only one answer
    and that's invest the time to do your homework! -- If the homework is completed properly, you'll
    gain tons of information on how to get started without having to immediately jump at posting
    the "How does one get started here...??" -or- "Newbie here, looking for..." thread.

Us hobbyists and providers have ALL started out as Newbies at one point in time, so don't feel
    stressed, overwhelmed or frustrated for being in the position you're in. -- We've all been there!
    Regardless if you're new to the hobby or just new to TNA, the best advice one can give is to
    "do your homework." -- Invest adequate time to research and read everything you can on TNA's
    rules and the policies / procedures of those providers who are newbie friendly.

Know everything you can about the provider(s) before making initial contact. -- Be prepared to
    be shot down, ignored, passed over or rejected. -- Not saying this will happen. -- Just saying
    that not everything happens successfully on the first try. -- It's a good thing to be prepared with
    little expectation.

Truthfully speaking, it's going to take time, probably more time than you ever imagined or have
    the patience for, but in the end it will be well worth all your effort.

There are tons of discussions out there, but here are a few links to help you in the right direction.

TNA's Rules: TNABoard FAQ's

SweetDenise's post: Getting Started... Ladies that can help. <== ( Primarily for the WA area. )
    KayLani Love's post: Can we please discuss. . . ( NEWBIES )
    ebkitsap's 'Newbie Thread' reply to sicilian's post: New to TNA <=== ( See post # 05 )
    Sophiabelladonna's post: Glossary of common terms used:

In the meantime, while you're investing your time reading and researching, invest some time and
    jump in on several topics / discussions. -- Start establishing yourself. -- Providers not only look
    at the reviews and references you may have, but also how you present or conduct yourself on
    the board.

The key things to always remember and always obey are:

Be respectful
    Be polite
    Be patient
    Be articulate
    Be discreet
    Be proactive
    Be mature
    Be safe

Providers and fellow hobbyists please chime in and offer any other advice or important points
    I'm sure I'm missing. -- It's late, so I'm sure I'm forgetting A LOT...!!

Newbies.... Good luck, Be Safe and Have Fun...!!

-----
    Last edited by mrbilly; 03-26-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Re: Being a Newbie sucks...!!

great informative welcoming post mr billy. its true we were all newbies once and ur advice about doing research and homework is spot on. search for newbie friendly providers and approach in a polite manner. develop rapport, READ HER PROFILE, all of it.. not just the pics... and follow directions. That's probably one of the biggest complaints the lovelies have is the gents who don't do this simple task. Most of all, ask questions, take precautions to stay safe, have fun!!

+ Reply to Thread