Home Search Rules & FAQ Gallery Activity Support

+ Reply to Thread

I am a newbie how do I see you?

What constitutes a Newbie and how do I get rid of the title and see providers.
    Well the answer is not a simple one it has nothing to do with time it has nothing to do with have you seen providers or how many posts you have. Let me break it down this way then. Because in a a few steps and a little bit of time you can have no references or vouches and see a provider how does that work? But i do want to stress in all of this do not think the provider is your research secretary. We have a ton on your plate as it is so keep this in mind when giving us your info on prior references. Spend the time that you package the info up so we do not have to go clicking around to figure out what Clair you have seen from what site in what state and what city. Also Personally any provider off Backpage or CV only I do not take their references at all and many of the higher end providers do the same. these providers are the here today gone tomorrow make a quick buck types.

Confused yet?

Let me give you three options.

Option 1

Q You just joined the board and have no posts not seen any providers ever so what do I do to get references ? I want to see you though not someone else.

A. You are the true meaning of a newbie. First read my blog to understand "initial contact format" and then follow these steps. Not all providers go with this but I think you will find most do if you are up front and honest with them. Understand you do not just go out and jump in a jet and fly it you have to spend time in a trainer and learn how to handle things first. Or think of it as Drivers Ed for the Hobby just something a heck of a lot more fun to drive.

Options to get rid of the newbie title include.
    You want to possibly go and get a Preferred P411 account that will screen you via work and a few other things to ensure you are who you say you are. This is helpful at lowering the questionable level of you being new to most providers.
    Or go to the search section on the board, Click on providers select "Newbie Friendly" under screening. And use the contact format I have in my other blog to message the provider. Do not get discouraged if they do not answer or are not willing to see you. They tend to be some of the busiest and also have personal preferences of who they will see. If they get a uneasy feeling they may just pass so act like a gentleman not a guy with money so they should do what you want.
    Some providers only need one reference some need more I like to see two or more from quality local providers. This means not some visiting one here today gone tomorrow. Not someone that sees anyone and everyone. And not someone that does not respond to texts, Pm's or Emails to verify you.
    Once you have seen a provider ask for them to vouch you. Now here is the key if you're a jerk in any way or they feel you are not totally trustworthy of them saying you're ok they may not. They may also require you to put a review up for them before hand. FOLLOW THE RULES THEY LAY OUT. You may also want to ask up front if your see them can they vouch you in the end. That way if you were the dream client we all like to see and they don't well that's their bad.
    One more thing to keep in mind for every client we see there is hours spent during a day checking references and making small talk so please do not think saying "I am not like other guys and trying to prove that by getting into a hour long conversation is going to prove it. It won't, we hear all sorts of things but the "I am not like other guys" I think takes top spot.

Option 2

Q. You have been on the board for years and only have seen Providers very infrequently if not at all or your references are years old or retired.

A. You are sadly back into newbie status. just like anything you change and so does the level of screening. But there is a few things you can do Just like the True blue newbie. You have some legwork to do. Following the same steps as a true blue newbie would be your best bet.

Option 3

Q. I am traveling on Business to your area how can I see you I am not a member or have references of any board.

A. Preferred 411 simple as that. You will find a lot of providers are also on there and can give you a "Ok" So your advantage is it is a national system and used Internationally.

The other options fall back to the same thing as a True Blue Newbie and search for Newbie friendly providers.

This covers most of the issues and as things change I am sure I will add to the blog more but I hope it gives you some help on how to setup and see a provider.

I should add there is a reason I am not a "newbie Friendly provider" this takes time and trust and a bunch of extra legwork that goes well beyond my time allowance. And sometimes dealing with some people can just sour you for hours on end and then you are no good to the clients you see.

In the end there are many fantastic providers on the board that are "newbie friendly" and make it their specialty just do the search and you will find some that I am sure will keep you nice and happy.

XoXo Scarlett

Re: I am a newbie how do I see you?

A question: within TNABoard itself, you *must* write a review for a provider before you can vouch for her. Does the reverse apply as well? If so, keep in mind that it's not even the providers that are asking you to write that review before clicking 'vouch' - it's just how this forum is set up.

+ Reply to Thread