Home Search Rules & FAQ Gallery Activity Support

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screenshots

Screenshots

I apologize if this thread is a near-exact copy of some other thread somewhere else on the forum, but I'm having a little difficulty with the search function as I can't find a way to search by thread title.

I was recently the victim of a "deposit scam" by a well-established provider on the board. Assuming I can't work things out with them in the next couple of days, I plan on posting an alert. Given the fairly large disparity between my presence on the board and theirs, I think it would be easier to illustrate the situation if I were able to post screenshots of our text conversation, along with the usual text summary of what I feel happened.

I'm aware that the first "commandment" of the forums is that personal information cannot be posted without the consent of the other party, and that the penalty for violating this rule is a one-month ban. I'd, ideally, like to avoid this. Our entire conversation was clean and non-explicit; I'd have to censor the address I sent the deposit to, but there's nothing else I would regard as "personal information" of the provider's in our messages, unless our non-public conversations should themselves be considered private, personal information.

TL;DR
    1) Would it be possible to post clean/censored screenshots in the context of an alert?
    2) Would it somehow be possible to get a moderator to vet the content of the screenshots?
    3) Hypothetically, are there particular guidelines I would have to follow in privately sharing screenshots with other members? I'm not sure this is as relevant a point for hobbyists as it would be for providers, but I thought it'd be good to ask.

Again, I apologize if I've somehow missed the obvious, but I honestly haven't seen any other posts which I felt reliably answered these questions.
    Last edited by heugh; 05-29-2021 at 07:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread