Home Search Rules & FAQ Gallery Activity Support

+ Reply to Thread

Are people who do not have a TNA membership able to see my Ads?

I know at one point anybody (with or without a TNA membership) could read through all the TNA ads. Has this changed? My friend was recently telling me that only if you've signed up as a member, can you see any of the ads. If this changed, when exactly did the change happen?

Thanks
    Domina Jane

Re: Are people who do not have a TNA membership able to see my Ads?

Viewing of Ad and profile are user defined conditions, not sure if that is a premium specific perk but I would almost bet it is. I know as a Hobbit I can control who gets to visit my profile in the settings panel. For the Hobbits it has been that way for quite some time but not sure when it was added for the provider's.

The provider decides whether her ads are public(anyone can see) or private( only members can see). Only members can see the provider profile. Hope this is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneLondon View Post
    I know at one point anybody (with or without a TNA membership) could read through all the TNA ads. Has this changed? My friend was recently telling me that only if you've signed up as a member, can you see any of the ads. If this changed, when exactly did the change happen?

Thanks
    Domina Jane
    Hey there Miss DJ,

They are correct that restricting some ads for members only is a premium option... but the bigger question is behind why you are curious?

If you are hoping that all of your ads are publicly searchable/indexable, that is one conversation (and hopefully the one you want to have - it is a much happier discussion).

BUT, if you are trying to keep your ads to members only to avoid scrutiny, then understand while search indexes won’t find your ads, anyone else... anyone... can create a free member account, even a burner account and see the ads. So while this site is discrete, it is not truly private. (I’m hoping this was not your concern)

Either way, hope this helps.
    Last edited by Gogo665; 02-16-2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Grammar matters

Thank you to everyone who responded I was hoping that my ad was publicly viewable (and it sounds like it is) however my friend told me that until she became a member, she was not able to see any ads. When she told me this, I was hoping that perhaps she was confused (the site is pretty confusing. I know how to post my ads, transfer bitcoin, post a question, and that's about it) but also wanted to confirm that there hadn't been any big changes recently.

Lightbulb Re: Are people who do not have a TNA membership able to see my Ads?

I just logged out, went back to this thread, went to your post #5 and when I clicked on your "Recent Ads" here is the message I received:

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

So at least in this case your ads are not visible to non members, since I can only see them if I log back in as a member

Do you know how I can fix this?

Lightbulb Re: Are people who do not have a TNA membership able to see my Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneLondon View Post
    Do you know how I can fix this?
    You can't it is a restriction to insure that only registered members have access to certain parts of the site

Non members can see the posted ads but the can't search, nor can they see your profile if they do see your ad, but most importantly, if they want to contact you via the board they are forced to register

But for your own safety you should welcome only members viewing your ads and communicating with you through the board

+ Reply to Thread